23 March 2010

Family Portraits - Salem, Oregon

The cherry blossoms at the State Capitol Building were in full bloom. I drove by them several times last week, taking in their beauty. I was itching for an excuse to take pictures there. So, I was really happy when one of the families I had scheduled for portraits agreed to meet at the Capitol. The sunny spring day announced Spring's arrival.


Photobucket




A perfect day for pictures. It is always such a joy for me to take a break from my hectic day and have the privilage of capturing a family looking their best. Sure we know that every day isn't sunny with pretty blossoms as a backdrop, but have having a photo like this is a reminder of what life and love is all about.




"Family life is a bit like a runny peach pie - not perfect but who's complaining?"  
Robert Brault




spivey



These kids are so, so darling. Try and resist those sparkling brown eyes. I couldn't.



spivey



I can't decide if I liked this one better in color or in black and white.



spivey





I thought it was so funny that 7 year old, Nathan, said he could take pictures all day. He was a natural. I could have taken pictures of him all day too! His mom will have plenty to choose from. I went a bit crazy and suddenly realized I had filled up a 2gig card on this great family. There are worse things in the world than trying to decide on the best photo of your kids!




spivey




A lot of growing goes on in the first year and little Jillian was really a sweetheart. Her birthday is this week. We got some beautiful smiles with the help of mom and dad, peek-a-boo, "hi's", tickles, and silly sister and brother. It's always worth the effort.




spivey





And Emma was also a dream to photograph. Pretty in pink with all those blossoms around; we were both in heaven.




spivey



This is just a sneak peak and I so enjoyed this family. It was a treat to be able to take pictures at the Capitol.



"What greater thing is there for human souls than to feel that they are joined for life - to be with each other in silent unspeakable memories." 
George Eliot

0 comments: