20 July 2010

One year old's portraits | Dallas, Oregon


My nephew was at my house for a short time the other day. And crazy auntie that I am, I had him posing on my kitchen table for a mini portrait session. He turns ONE on Sunday and it was a good opportunity to catch him before he's all grown up.





Looking at this child through my camera's lens, I got all choked up. It was almost a year ago that we got the phone call, "He might not make it." He was so sick at birth and spent weeks in the NICU.  The time didn't fly, it seems like just yesterday that we agonized and prayed for his life.


Now seeing his sparkling blue eyes and easy smile, I know I am seeing a miracle.








 "When I approach a child, he inspires me in two sentiments: 

tenderness for who he is, and respect for who he may become." 

~ Louis Pasteur







"Because of the LORD's great love we are not consumed, 

for his compassions never fail. They are new every morning; 

great is your faithfulness."

Lamentations 3:22-23





A year later, I feel beyond blessed to have had this precious little guy sitting happily on my table as I took pictures.


Happy Birthday Jamin! We love you,

Photobucket

0 comments: