05 September 2010

Senior Portrait Session | Salem, Oregon

I had the most delightful time yesterday meeting a graduating Senior named Rachel. Rachel's mom asked me to take her daughter's Senior pictures and I was really excited for this job. They actually won a free sitting fee from a high-priced photographer in the area but later found out the pictures were going to be hundreds of dollars.


I offer a combination sitting fee with all the digital prints on a disc. It's a method that works well for me and my clients can print their images as necessary. In the future, I would love to offer high-quality printing, canvases, framed prints, and more.


For now, I like nothing more than a challenge. Can I compete with high-priced, custom photographers?






I told Rachel that my job was to get so many beautiful images of her that it would be impossible to decide on a favorite.

As I was scrolling through the pictures for editing, I had a hard time deciding too!







Rachel is not only beautiful, but a fun person to be with. Her joy was contagious and I had a really fun time hanging out with Rachel and her mom.






Rachel is musical and plays the guitar and violin. It was fun to use her "props" and capture a few important things to her.






This image on the steps could be my favorite. The sun was setting and light was off the charts lovely.






Or maybe this is my favorite! The wind was really strong yesterday in Salem. Rachel struggled with her hair constantly blowing about with a gracious smile. 






Our location was down on Salem's waterfront between the railroad footbridge and the carousel park. 


It proved to be a great spot with many different options for backdrops.


Finally the sun set and I had to stop. The time together just flew by. Thank you Rachel and Kay for a really fun session. This is just a small sample of the beautiful images I have for you.



Photobucket

0 comments: